18 June 2012

Sydney Craft Fair Stash

So I made the trip down to Sydney a couple of days ago to go to the big, huge, annual craft fair. It's my once a year shopping splurge and also a chance to see the Quilters Guild of NSW Annual Show. It's a long day with the 4.30am start but well worth the effort.

The quilts were all gorgeous, with some great inspiration to be had. I can't post pictures but you can see the winning quilts at the Quilters Guild of NSW page.

Below, the William Morris Layer cake and some matching fat quarters.No idea of what to make with these fabrics but I think something "modern". The colours and the plainer patterns just seem to want to be doing that.


A range of shirt fabrics for a 1800's Repro project. No pattern in mind at the moment but I am really liking these fabrics at the moment. I'm really liking Dresden Plates in repro fabrics at the moment, so maybe something along those lines. Maybe a Spiked Dresden Plate? There is only local shop with does alot of repro fabrics but they don't have alot of shirting fabrics, so one of my aim for the show was to pick some up.

Japanese Yarn Dyed Cotton fabrics. I saw a quilt at the stall I bought these from and I really fell in love with it. Very simple stacked rectangles. Only problem is that the quilt is a small wall quilt, but I want something bigger!! So I may have to buy some more fabrics to pad them out.

Various brights. I don't have alot of these really clear bright fabrics. So I bought these two packs and some individual FQ's.


1 comments:

Beautiful fabrics. Would love to go to a market and be able to purchase packet of fabric from Japan! If you have any left ove keep me in mind to swap scraps. Lovely things.