3 November 2014

Sunkissed Granny Squares Tops Finished

I've finished the two Sunkissed Granny Square tops. The process was not without its bumps!!

Sunkissed Granny #1 (no one ever accused me of overly flowery language!!), was put together wrong. I aligned the strips incorrectly. You can see the big white triangle in the top right corner in the photo below. This was wrong! The result of trying to keep track of it all in my head, which was a mistake when making a rectangular rather than square, on point quilt!!

 Luckily it was a fairly easy fix. Just unpicked the two sections and sewed them back together correctly.

 This is a close up of the finished top.
 And here is the quilt getting basted in 33 degree heat!!! Outside!!
Sunkissed Granny Square #2 is below. The first one had blocks which all had some pink in it, this one is mostly yellows and oranges (which I didn't like as much!!) but there were enough blocks to make a nice quilt.
Now to just get them quilted.

0 comments: